China’s urbanization rate is among the highest in the world. The country is getting more modern through the years and is even better than developed countries in several sectors (online payment, supply chain efficiency, omnipresent e-commerce, …).
But this fast development asks to be supported by a constant adaptation both in people’s everyday lifestyle and in business operations. Getting more efficient and modern tools, be equipped with the new technologies to boost your productivity, … The digital world is also very present in Chinese life, so it is for electronic products. The demand for electronic products is titanic in China. People want the last smartphone, the newest and most convenient products (headphones, computers, TVs, speakers, and so on).
KPI and Results focused. We are the most visible Marketing Agency for China. Not because of huge spending but because of our SMART Strategies. Let us help you with: E-Commerce, Search Engine Optimization, Advertising, Weibo, WeChat, WeChat Store & PR.
Why China is the biggest country of opportunity for electronic products?
China is not one, but THE country of opportunity for electronic products sellers.
In 2020, China is the country with most people using a smartphone representing over 850 million people! (Against 345 million for the second largest one, India).
Not only the smartphone market is huge, but it also opens the door of many other markets related to a smartphone (as headphones, speakers, …).
China is also the world’s largest market for personal computers! And it also opens the door to many other electronic products markets.
Even though China is the world export leader, and it includes electronic products, Chinese consumers are very attracted by foreign brands for their quality and the social image it will reflect (as Apple which is a good example).
To go further, the electronic products market encompasses so many types of products. We can distinguish them into two categories:
-the communications and entertainment gadgets like TVs, DVD players, smartphones, tablets, printers, power banks, phones, …
-and housekeeping devices like refrigerators, washing machines, and kitchen robots
The Chinese electronic products market
It is no surprise that the Chinese electronic products market is booming. But how far this market reach in 2020 and will reach in the coming years?
- US$134,656m of total revenue in the consumer electronic segment in 2020
- An average revenue per user amounting US$294.92
- The Chinese market is the one generating the most revenue globally
- Annual growth rate expected to reach about +5% in the next 4 years
- Market size expected to reach US$163,183m by 2024
Some foreign brands’ strategy is to outsource their production to China to sell it directly on the market.
But some others’ is to produce not in China (for cost, ethical or many other reasons) and import the final products into China. But to do so, they have to find a suitable importer.
List of Chinese electronic products importers
As you can imagine, there are so many electronic products importers in China that making a complete list of them is almost impossible.
So here is a (non-exhaustive) list of companies in China importing electronic products:
- Jabil Circuit (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd.
- Exel-Sinotrans Freight Forwarding (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
- HONGFUJIN PRECISION INDUSTRY (CHONGQING) CO.,LTD
- Shenzhen fine deep perpetually held fields physical distribution Limited company
- BMW Brilliance Automotive Ltd.
- HENGYANG FUTAIHONG PRECISION INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD
- Yiqi-dazhong Automobile Co., Ltd.
- Canon (China) Co. Ltd.
- SHANGHAI ZHENHUA PORT MACHINERY CO., LTD.
- TAICANG CIMC REEFER LOGISTICS EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD.
- China Petrochemical International (Nanjing) Co.,Ltd
- Qingdao Zhongji Refrigerating Box Manufacture Co., Ltd.
- Jin Bao Electronics (China) Co., Ltd.
- Sumec International Technology Trade Co., Ltd.
- Fuji Xerox of Shenzhen Ltd.
- FLEXTRONICS MANUFACTURING (ZHUHAI) CO,LTD.
- Beijing Benz-DaimlerChrysler Automotive Co.,Ltd.
- Konica Minolta Business Technologies (Dongguan) Co., Ltd.
- Canon (Zhongshan) Office Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Siemens (China) Co., Ltd.
But there are also many online platforms importing electronic products. For example, the two most known platforms are:
If you need help to promote electronic product in China …
We can help you
We can assist you.
Contact our team, and we will contact you with our 3C specialist.