WHAT IS MINI-PROGRAMS (or mini-Apps)?
Mini-programs is a feature that allows users to access integrated applications that do not require any download or installation
The launch of these mini-Apps will solve some of the problems caused by applications, but will not take the place of the Apple store or Android Market.
The ultimate goal? Push the Chinese to remove all other applications cluttering their mobile phones so that they only use WeChat from morning to night.
Tencent is looking for increasingly sophisticated ways to reach and engage consumers.
The user can access the applications without having to download them. They therefore function as a simplified version of their parent application.
If you also want to test these mini-apps, just ask a friend already program owner to send you an app. The program will then appear in the “discover” thread of your Wechat.
At present, thousands of mini-programs have already been launched, covering various industries with various functions.
For example : booking travel tickets, checking inventory, watching video, ordering food, reserving movie tickets, sharing bikes, toasting cars, shopping online, publishing Images and more.
WHERE TO FIND THE MINI PROGRAMS?
There are three ways to get a WeChat mini program.
1) Type the name of the mini app in the WeChat search bar. If the search is blurred it does not work, so the correct name must be used.
2) Shared by friends on the Cats page. If a friend sends a mini-program status update to a chat, users can use the mini-application by clicking on the update.
3) Scan the QR code for the mini-application.
NEW FUNCTIONALITY FOR WECHAT MINI PROGRAMS
On April 26th, WeChat launched a new Mini Programming feature called “Store Mini Program” that introduces users to basic information about an offline store, similar to a virtual business card.
HOW DOES THE STORE MINI PROGRAM FUNCTIONALITY?
First of all, despite its name, it is not currently a mini program, but a feature related to mini programs.
Each WeChat official account can use this feature.
It provides the same information as a business card such as :
- Company Name
- Store Description
- Opening hours
- The contact number
“Store Mini Program” can be added at the end of articles allowing readers to easily and regularly access store information.
It can also be associated with the official WeChat account of the store and added to the menu of its account.
Users can search for “Store Mini Program” and send it to friends of WeChat.
It allows brands to be an entry point for mini-programs, in a way that satisfies their basic needs, without having to engage in a mini-full program.
In the future, “Store Mini Program” will offer coupons and payment functions.
WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF “STORE MINI PROGRAM”?
- Standard structure : this allows users to recognize, identify and remember easily.
- Only for offline stores : Since only stores with physical locations can use this feature, when users see a “Store Mini Program,” they clearly understand that it’s an offline store. The nature of the business is specific and easy to understand.
- Easy to create : they can be created quickly and easily using the official WeChat account. It is not necessary to program professional knowledge or expertise.
HOW TO CREATE “STORE MINI PROGRAM”?
1.For brands that have not opened the store management function (管理 管理) ”
– Click on “plugins add function” (功能 插件 插件)
– Click on “small stores program” (小 程序 程序)
2.For brands that have already opened the store management function (管理 管理), update the “store management” function for “store mini program”.
3.Enter basic store information such as name, company description, address, and so on. The name of the store must be the name of the store mini program and can not be changed after approval.